Volunteer Registration and Shift Selection
Thank you for your interest in joining the 2019 Newport Folk Festival Volunteer Team! Volunteers are an important part of the festival and we are counting on each volunteer to fulfill their volunteer commitment. If, for any reason, you realize that you will not be able to complete your volunteer commitment; please cancel your shifts immediately and/or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Benefits of Volunteering
- Entry into the festival for each day of volunteering
- Volunteer T-shirt
- Free Parking
- Be part of the team that makes the festival possible!
Requirements of Newport Folk Fest Volunteers
- Must be 18+ years old to volunteer
- Work three, 5.75 hour shifts (1 shift on each day of festival)
- At least one shift must be an afternoon shift (begins at 12pm or later)
- Arrive to shift completely sober (strict no alcohol/drug policy before and during shift)
- Wear your Volunteer T-shirt while on shift (and only wear during shift)
- Wear closed-toe shoes during shifts
- Check and respond to periodic NFF Volunteer emails to ensure that your volunteer spot is confirmed
- Follow all Newport Folk Festival rules and policies as stated on Newport Folk Festival Info page
- Pick up parking pass BEFORE the festival at Fort Adams. Times TBD on July 23rd, 24th or 25th.
Please do NOT signup for three days of shifts if you are not available to volunteer for all three days.
Additional Volunteer Information
- Department Assignments are not guaranteed. We do our best to keep you in the department that you choose, but you may be reallocated to another department if the need arises.
- Breaks for food will not be provided since shifts are only 5.75 hours
- Photo ID required for credential pickup on July 26th, 27th, and 28th; you may only pick up your own credentials.
- There will NOT be a storage area for volunteer belongings
- Volunteers will have to enter through regular security - be prepared for your bag to be searched
- Arrive on time to Volunteer HQ (inside festival gates) and plan for Newport traffic, parking traffic as well as gate/security checks
- We recommend bringing the following items to your volunteer shift: hat, rain gear, pocket snack, refillable water bottle, sunscreen
Thank you for your volunteer commitment to the 2019 Newport Folk Fest Volunteer Team! We are excited that you are joining us for three fun filled days of music, friends, food, and vendors at Fort Adams State Park.
Sorry, there are not any shifts available online at this time.
Already signed up? Click here to check your status